Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sunday, May 17 - home!

An early rise for an early flight.

Germany - such a great country, easily one of my favourites. Everything is so simple, organized, and efficient there - even compared to other European countries that I've been to. The people are quite friendly to tourists, and the cycling is the best I've seen for novice cyclists with an incredibly dense, extensive network of bicycle paths and bike-friendly minor roads. Taking the bike on the train could not have been easier.

The costs were comparable or cheaper than Italy, although much more expensive than Portugal. A wide variety of kinds of things to see and do - from medieval villages to cutting-edge technology to war remnants to large forested areas... something for everybody. Very safe, very friendly... I'm sure I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment